Thursday, April 21, 2011

Jack is Sick...Buster to the Rescue!


Ah...Buster!  See that decrepit little brown mass that Jack is holding on to?  That's Buster.  He has been Jack's partner in crime through most everything he has done since birth...he loves that dog.  Man's best friend...absolutely!  Nevermind the fact that he isn't a real dog which means he doesn't cost too much to take care of but I digress. 
 
Buster is probably the most loved stuffed animal I've ever witnessed but the kookiest part about Buster is he's had to endure some of the harshest conditions imaginable.  Jack loves the "smell" of Buster so he is constantly sniffing him in a wipe-his-nose kind of way.  As you can imagine, runny nose = snotty Buster.  That is the least of Buster's worries.  He has been left behind in all sorts of locations, he's been kicked, thrown, hit (sometimes he "pitches in" by acting as the baseball/softball in a batting session...he's a real team player).  He's been rained on, snowed on, covered in mud.  He's been snotted on (see above), sneezed on, drooled on, pooped on and, most recently, puked on.  Jack is sick...poor guy!* 
 
*Note:  It is the ONLY time Jack will take a nap during the day...happens about once a year.  
 
So, as we speak, Buster is "at the spa" getting all cleaned up.  Funny thing is, since he has been there, Jack has one thin on his mind.  Jack says, in his "I'm a big 6 year old but a boy still has a need for his beloved pup" sort of way, "So, Mom...um...I was just wondering if Buster is all cleaned up yet?" 
 
10 minutes later..."So, Mom...um...how are you going to know when Buster is all cleaned up?" 
 
10 minutes after that..."Hey Mom...I think I heard a beep in the laundry room...do you think Buster is ready for me?" 
 
This goes on for quite a while... 
 
So I say, trying not to giggle at his persistence, "Jack, the second he is all cleaned up, I will grab him and bring him right to you." 
 
Biggest, brightest smile I've seen in a long time...it's amazing what the little things can do! 
 
Get better Little Man :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! My first born also has a bear that he has had since he was 1 1/2 years old. It has endured all the things you have written about just like buster! "Little white teddy" is still sitting at my sons bedside at age 25. the connection to these stuffed animals is so huge, the mere thought of being without them for any reason, day spa's or otherwise is impossible to understand to us mom's. but we know without them animals, life would be very difficult!
    Sending out my love from NE to the west coast! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete